I'm glad you're here. As explained in The Circle of Influence post, the first mission of a TST Agent is to start with yourself. You might be saying, "why" or "that sounds selfish, isn't this about serving others?" Well, yes, our goal is to get to a place of serving others. But the truth is, first we need to work on ourselves. A well trained TST Agent has first looked into their own life, their own habits, their own attitudes, and decided that they want to take responsibility. Also, when we are getting ready to serve others, it's always good to do a "systems check" on ourselves and make sure we are doing well before looking to help others. You can find printable calendars and other resources to help you organize your missions here. Here are some ideas for how you might do this anytime you do a Self Mission:
- Journal for a week about the things you have caught yourself doing that you'd like to work on. Be honest with yourself, because if you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with? Could you argue less with people in your life? Could you work better with those around you? Could you have a better attitude about the things in your life? After you've made your observations review them and set goals for how you are going to work on them.
- Journal for a week about the things you are good at and think about how you might be able to use those strengths to accomplish missions. How can you continue to improve upon those strengths? Write 5 goals you'd like to accomplish using your strengths.
- Give yourself space to think. It seems like there are so many distractions in our world. You could have something in front of your face at all times- a screen, games, homework, etc. Set a goal to set aside some time for you to sit and think with no distractions, every day for a week. You can even start with 5 minutes a day and build up to longer times. This might sound crazy, but you might find that you really like using your thinker and I bet you'll find that you come up with some great ideas you might not have ever given yourself time to have. I can't wait to hear about them!
- Pray- Nicholas did this a lot. A lot of times there are things in this world that are too big for us. But nothing is too big for God. Praying is just talking to God, don't be afraid, God loves YOU and wants to hear from you. But God doesn't just want to hear about the things that are too big for you, He wants you to tell Him about all of it.
- Write a letter to yourself to point out some of the things you are good at and work at some of the things you need work on.
- Read a book that inspires you to be the best TST Agent you can be. Ask your Senior Agent if they've read anything uplifting or encouraging lately that they would share with you.
- Check out the TST New Network where we will be posting encouraging news, updates, and stories of fellow TST Agents making a difference in the world.
- Ask your Senior Agent if you can use the Contact Page on this website to share a story of a mission you have completed. Stories that are shared may be used on TST Agency Network to encourage other TST Agents like you.
- Write down 10 things you like about yourself and 5 things you want to work on. Then set goals for the things you want to work on.
- Draw a picture of something that you like.
- Go on a walk with your Senior Agent and ask them what are 10 things they love about you and what are 5 things you could work on. Ask them to help you come up with ways to work on those things. Then, you can reverse the exercise and tell your Senior Agent 10 things you love about them and see if they'd like pointers on things they could work on.
These are a few simple ways to start a Self Mission. Once you've completed a Self Mission you can move on to a Family Mission or you can complete a few Self Missions before moving on- it's up to you. Great work today agents!
Do you have any other ideas? We would love to hear them! Send them to us at: TheTopSecretTruth@gmail.com. Tell us your idea, agent name, age, and where you're from (optional) for the opportunity to have your idea featured on our TST Agency YouTube Channel.